This position is for a DevOps Specialist with CI/CD Application Deployment and Systems Administration experience. This role will Report to the Development Manager. The DevOps Deployment Specialist plans and executes software and infrastructure updates, data migrations and remote maintenance projects tasks for customers’ information systems. This DevOps role will include infrastructure budget projections/scenarios and product testing between deployment tasks and enhancements to CD/CI build configurations. This is a hybrid role for Scoping, Maintaining and “Bare Metal”, virtualized and managed services resources critical to the function of multiple applications.
Expectations of the DevOps Deployment Specialist: Performant development of infrastructure resource interactivity and cost-effectiveness. Use best practices for a high level of security and consistent user experience. In addition to software deployment duties, this role will be also responsible for testing and supporting the codebase and infrastructure multiple software engineering projects.
- Manage and participate in execution plans according to established terms and conditions.
- Take responsibility for all software release and deployment tasks and projects.
- Participate in pre-implementation analyses of infrastructure and software for B2C and B2B customer solutions in accordance with terms and conditions of the commercial agreements.
- Participate in organizing detailed deployment plans and projects’ schedules for product deployments.
- Participate in development and validation of work instruction, communications plans and quality control for an optimized delivery cost
- Minimizing service interruption and negative customer impact and prompt mitigation of issues.
- Research, investigate and propose technical solutions for clients’ configuration needs.
- Ensure that every step of all projects is properly documented.
- Manage the update requisitions for common data according to procedures and tasks related to maintenance and distribution of the system configurations.
- Execute various tasks for projects assigned to the deployment group. (eg Build+Release Pipeline)
- College Degree in computer science, or related field
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong SQL skills and working knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB (knowledge of polyglot persistence is a plus)
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Team player, and strong communication skills