Lead Infrastructure Administrator
Responsible for overseeing activities related to telecom, network administration, server and database administration, and IT security areas. This is a DevOps role with greater emphasis on the Systems Administration skills and responsibilities. Familiarity with IAM, Managed Services integration and cloud-based infrastructure is an absolute must. AWS or similar Experience with infrastructure suites and knowledge of polyglot persistence are a plus.
- Manage responses to security incidents.
- Work with various IT functional groups to ensure end-to-end system security in regards to data exchange between systems both internal and external.
- Provide security insight and guidance to other functional groups within the agency to reduce unnecessary risk to the agency.
- Provide practical security best-practice guidance to agency-wide networking initiatives.
- Research emerging security technologies for their application in the agency’s computing environment.
- Monitors and enforces security procedures.
- Analyze impact of existing or proposed projects on the enterprise infrastructure to ensure projects are not compromising the security of the infrastructure or security policies.
- Collaborating with systems, network, database, technicians on proposed projects to ensure security is maintained.
- Promote and increase security awareness and training in the agency.
- Provide independent assessments of network security on an as-needed basis
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Software development in Nodes.js, Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other similar languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field and work experience