QA Engineer II is actively involved throughout the development lifecycle with emphasis on Quality Assurance (QA) of software development and deployment. The role will be responsible for test planning, documenting, coordinating, and executing activities related to the testing of systems, databases, user interfaces and customer experience. This is a hybrid role that includes manual testing and automation scripting for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing to meet the business requirements, and the strategic mission and goals of the organization while mitigating risk.
- Write and execute Test Cases to ensure development outputs meet defined specifications
- Ensure Business requirements, Technical Specifications, installs / upgrades and customer experience align with documentation and expectations of executive management.
- Perform Exploratory, Functional, Integration, UI, back-end testing, White box/Black box testing. Demonstrate the capacity to investigate and debug the complex issues.
- Analyze automation test results and present analysis.
- Write, Modify and Validate SQL / DB queries to validate backend data.
- Perform automated regression and performance testing.
- Participate in QA peer reviews of SQL structure and Automation scripting.
- Document software defects using bug tracking systems (like JIRA or similar).
- Use Test Case Management tools such as Zephyr.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging issues with different teams to realize root cause identification and resolution.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of large and complex projects.
- 2-4 years required software testing, complex debugging and automation experience
- Knowledgeable in testing methodology, design, execution and attaining product knowledge.
- Experience with QA techniques including black box, white box, and gray box approaches for smoke, regression, functional, user acceptance and exploratory testing.
- Experience with the development of use cases, test scenarios and/or test plans.
- Intermediate experience with NoSQL and relational database theories (eg. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience using JIRA or other bug tracking tools.
- Experience using Test Case Management tools such as Zephyr.
- Experience using GUI / Web Automation Testing Tools (Selenium/Kantu, Ranorex, TestingWhiz)
- Experience creating XPath queries and functions.
- Experience integrating test suites into a Jenkins or TFS/VSTS.
- Experience using TFS/VSTS or any other source code management tools.